Thank you very much everyone for visiting our website today. Today our news content is mainly for a clearer understanding of the types of concrete admixtures.
Concrete admixtures are mixed with chemicals that account for less than 5% of the cement mass during the mixing process, which can significantly improve the performance of concrete.
The characteristics of concrete admixtures are that they have many varieties and small dosages, which have a greater impact on the performance of concrete. They have the characteristics of low investment, quick results, and significant technical and economic benefits.
With the continuous progress of science and technology, admixtures have been increasingly used, and admixtures have become the fifth important component of concrete in addition to the four basic components.
Admixtures can improve the anti-carbonization performance of concrete, and there is a certain linear relationship between the carbonation depth and porosity of concrete.
The admixture has a great influence on the frost resistance of concrete. The frost resistance of concrete mixed with air-entraining and water-reducing agent is better, but the early strength agent alone does not improve the frost resistance of concrete.
The commonly used concrete admixtures are mainly naphthalene series superplasticizers, polycarboxylic acid superplasticizers and aliphatic superplasticizers.
At present, the most important superplasticizer produced by our factory is polycarboxylate superplasticizer.
Polycarboxylic acid water reducer is a high-performance water reducer and a cement dispersant in the application of cement concrete. It is widely used in highways, bridges, dams, tunnels, high-rise buildings and other projects. The product is environmentally friendly, non-flammable, non-explosive, and can be safely transported by trains and cars.
Before the emergence of polycarboxylic acid admixtures, there were lignosulfonate admixtures, naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde condensate, melamine formaldehyde condensate, acetone sulfonate formaldehyde condensate, sulfamate formaldehyde condensate, etc.
The new generation of polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer overcomes some of the disadvantages of traditional superplasticizers. It has low dosage, good slump retention performance, low concrete shrinkage, strong molecular structure adjustment, and high performance potential. Outstanding advantages such as not using formaldehyde in the process.
A new generation of water-reducing agent that has attracted much attention at home and abroad, polycarboxylic acid-based high-performance water-reducing agent, because it has truly designed an effective molecular structure based on the mechanism of dispersed cement, it has a super-dispersed type and can prevent concrete slump loss Without causing obvious retardation, it can play a higher plasticizing effect at a low content, good fluidity retention, a large degree of freedom in adapting the cement to a wide range of molecular structures, multiple synthesis technologies, and a lot of room for high performance.
It has a significant effect on concrete reinforcement, can reduce concrete shrinkage, and has very low content of harmful substances. It gives concrete excellent construction and workability, good strength development, excellent durability, and polycarboxylic acid high-performance water reducing The agent has good comprehensive technical performance advantages and environmental protection characteristics, which meets the needs of modern concrete engineering.
Therefore, polycarboxylic acid-based high-performance water-reducing agents are gradually becoming the first-choice admixture for formulating high-performance concrete.
So what are the concrete additives?
Divided into four categories according to main functions:
(1) Additives to improve concrete mixing and workability, including various water reducers, air-entraining agents and pumping agents, etc.;
(2) Additives for adjusting the setting time and hardening performance of concrete, including retarders, early-strength agents and accelerators, etc.;
(3) Additives to improve the durability of concrete, including air-entraining agents, waterproofing agents and rust inhibitors, etc.;
(4) Additives to improve other properties of concrete, including air-entraining agents, expansion agents, antifreeze agents, coloring agents, waterproofing agents and pumping agents.
High-efficiency water reducing agent: an admixture that can greatly reduce the water consumption of the mixture under basically the same conditions of concrete collapse. The superplasticizer has a strong dispersing effect on cement, which can effectively improve the fluidity of the cement mixture and the slump of concrete, while drastically reducing water consumption and significantly improving the workability of concrete. The water reducing agent can greatly reduce the water consumption so as to significantly increase the strength of concrete at various ages.
While keeping the strength constant, it can save 10% of cement or even more. In addition, the ion content of the high-performance water reducing agent is very small, so it does not corrode the steel bars. It can enhance the impermeability, freeze-thaw resistance and corrosion resistance of concrete, and improve the durability of concrete. The application range of superplasticizer is in almost all major and key projects in the country, especially in water conservancy, hydropower, hydraulic engineering, offshore engineering, bridges and other projects. Polycarboxylic acid-based water-reducing agents have been widely used.
Advantages of concrete additives:
1. Save cement or replace special cement;
2. Accelerate the early strength development of concrete or mortar;
3. Adjust the setting and hardening speed of concrete or mortar;
4. Adjust the air content of concrete or mortar;
5. Weakening the alkali-aggregate reaction;
6. Improve the pore structure of concrete or mortar;
7. Improve the pumpability of concrete;
8. Improve the corrosion resistance of steel bars;
9. Improve the bonding strength of the interface between aggregate and mortar, and improve the bond strength between steel bar and concrete;
10. Improve the bonding force of the new and old concrete interface;
11. Change the color of mortar and concrete.
12. Improve the workability of concrete or mortar mixture construction;
13. Improve the strength and other physical and mechanical properties of concrete live mortar;
14. Reduce the initial hydration heat of cement hydration or delay the hydration heat release;
15. Improve the bleeding of the mixture;
16. Improve the corrosion resistance of concrete or mortar to various corrosive salts;
What we mentioned above are the most common concrete additives in the concrete and building construction process, Polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer. Polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer is very necessary for building construction. It needs to be added in proportion when using it, which can not only make the project stronger but also reduce various hazards. If you want to know more detailed information and how to purchase polycarboxylate superplasticizer products, please contact us directly for more