Concrete additives are referred to as admixtures. Concrete additives are substances used to improve the performance of concrete in the process of mixing concrete. The mixing amount is generally not more than 5% of the cement quality.
Concrete additives are divided into the following four categories according to their main functions:
(1) Additives to improve concrete mixing and workability, including various water reducers, air-entraining agents and pumping agents, etc.;
(2) Additives for adjusting the setting time and hardening performance of concrete, including retarders, early-strength agents and accelerators, etc.;
(3) Additives to improve the durability of concrete, including air-entraining agents, waterproofing agents and rust inhibitors, etc.;
(4) Additives to improve other properties of concrete, including air-entraining agents, expansion agents, antifreeze agents, coloring agents, waterproofing agents and pumping agents.
Beijing Dongke Group has 14 years of production and export experience in the concrete additive industry.
Now our main concrete additive product is polycarboxylate superplasticizer, including a series of PCE superplasticizers such as water reducing agent, early strength water reducing agent, slump retaining type water reducing agent, etc.
Precautions in the use of concrete additives:
- When the type of cement is changed or new cement is introduced, a compatibility inspection with cement should be done.
- For those requiring retarded concrete, the setting time should be checked in advance according to the concrete test mix.
- It must be mixed correctly according to the test mix ratio, and the concrete should be poured in strict accordance with the construction specifications.
- When combined with other additives, the compatibility should be checked first.
- During the winter construction period, in order to improve the early strength of concrete, the cement dosage of concrete should be adjusted appropriately.
- As with conventional concrete projects, the maintenance must be strengthened according to construction specifications.
If you need more detailed information, please contact us directly.