What is the use of polycarboxylate based superplasticizer?
What is polycarboxylate based superplasticizer？
Polycarboxylate based superplasticizer is a reagent for preparing high-strength and high-performance concrete.
The molecule of polycarboxylate based superplasticizer is a “comb” or “dendritic” structure artificially formed through “molecular design”, and there are many branch chains (side chains) with a certain length and rigidity connected to the main chain of the molecule. There are also sulfonate or other groups on the main chain that can charge the cement particles, which can play the role of a traditional water reducer. More importantly, once the main chain is adsorbed on the surface of the cement particles, the branch chain and the surface of other particles The branched chains form three-dimensional intersections, which prevent the particles from approaching each other, thereby achieving dispersion (that is, water reduction). This steric hindrance does not weaken with time extension, therefore, the dispersion effect of polycarboxylate based superplasticizer is more durable.
Polycarboxylate based superplasticizer advantage.
- Polycarboxylate based superplasticizer has an artificially designed molecular structure. It has a high proportion of active ingredients and a concentrated molecular weight range. Therefore, compared with other water reducing agents, polycarboxylate based superplasticizer not only has a higher water reducing rate, but also has a longer slump retention, and the dosage is smaller.
- Due to the high technical advantages of polycarboxylate based superplasticizer, it has become a representative variety of a new generation of water reducing agents that are being developed all over the world.
- The polycarboxylate high-performance water reducer is the third generation of high-performance water reducer developed after the common water reducer represented by wood calcium and the high-efficiency water reducer represented by naphthalene. It is currently the most advanced water reducer in the world. , a high-efficiency water reducer with the highest technological content, the best application prospects, and the best comprehensive performance. DH-4005 polycarboxylate high-performance water reducer represents the most advanced water reducer product in the world today. The performance comparison with similar products at home and abroad shows that the polycarboxylate high-performance water reducer has reached the current international advanced level in terms of technical performance indicators and cost performance.
- Water reduction is an important role played by surfactants in the cement hydration process. Water reducing agent can reduce the unit water consumption without affecting the workability of concrete; or improve the workability of concrete without changing the unit water consumption; or have the above two effects at the same time without significant Admixtures that change the air content. At present, the concrete water reducers used are all surfactants, which belong to anionic surfactants.
- After the cement is mixed with water, a hydration reaction occurs, and some flocculated structures appear, which wrap a lot of mixing water, thereby reducing the workability of fresh concrete (also known as workability, mainly refers to the fresh concrete during construction, that is, In the process of stirring, transportation, pouring, etc., it can maintain uniformity and compactness without stratification and segregation). In order to maintain the required workability during construction, the amount of mixing water must be increased accordingly, because the increase in water amount will cause excessive pores in the cement stone structure, which will seriously affect the physical and mechanical properties of hardened concrete. If these wrapped When the water is released, the water consumption of concrete can be greatly reduced. In the process of preparing concrete, adding an appropriate amount of water reducing agent can play such a role well.
- After the water reducing agent is added, not only can the workability of fresh concrete be improved, but also because the water-cement ratio in the concrete is greatly reduced, the internal pore volume of the cement stone is significantly reduced, the cement stone is more dense, and the concrete’s resistance The compressive strength is significantly increased. The addition of water reducing agent also affects the hydration speed and setting time of cement. These properties are very important in practice.
polycarboxlate plasticizer is a polymer material additive widely used in industrial production, also known as polycarboxlate plasticizer. Any substance added to polymer materials that can increase the plasticity of the polymer is called a polycarboxlate plasticizer.
Polycarboxylate (PCE) is a remarkable polymer with excellent water-reducing efficiency, dispersibility, and compatibility. Its versatility and wide-ranging applications in construction, immersion products, textiles, and various other industries make it a vital component in enhancing material properties and performance.