The Role of Water Reducing Agent
Water reducer is an admixture that can reduce the necessary unit water consumption in concrete, meet the specified consistency requirements, and improve the workability of concrete.
The main functions of water reducing agent are as follows:
- Increase hydration efficiency, reduce unit water consumption, increase strength, save cement consumption;
- Improve workability of uncured concrete, prevent segregation of concrete components;
- Improve impermeability, Reduce water permeability, avoid water leakage of concrete building structures, increase durability, increase chemical corrosion resistance;
reduce shrinkage of concrete solidification, prevent cracks in concrete components; improve frost resistance, which is conducive to winter construction.
- In the preparation process of concrete, mortar and clean slurry, a small amount (not exceeding 5% of the cement content) is added to a product that can change the performance of concrete, mortar or clean slurry, called concrete admixture.
- Adding an appropriate amount of admixtures to concrete can improve the quality of concrete, improve concrete performance, reduce concrete water consumption, save cement, reduce costs, and speed up construction progress.
- With the advancement of technology, admixtures have become the fifth necessary material besides cement, coarse and fine aggregates, admixtures and water.
- Adding admixtures is an important measure to optimize the design of concrete mix ratio and improve the durability of concrete. ;
What is a water reducing agent?
Water reducer is a concrete admixture that can reduce the amount of mixing water while maintaining the slump of concrete basically unchanged. Most are anionic surfactants. After being added to the concrete mixture, it can disperse the cement particles, improve its workability, reduce the unit water consumption, improve the fluidity of the concrete mixture; or reduce the unit cement consumption and save cement.
What types of water reducing agents are there?
- According to appearance.Divided into water and powder. The solid content of water formulations is generally 10%, 20%, 40% (also known as mother liquor), 50%, and the solid content of powder formulations is generally 98%.
- divided according to water reduction and capacity enhancement.Divided into ordinary water reducer (also known as plasticizer, the water reducing rate is not less than 8%, represented by lignosulfonate), high-efficiency water reducer (also known as superplasticizer, water reducing rate is not less than 14% %, including naphthalene series, melamine series, sulfamate series, aliphatic series, etc.) and high-performance water reducing agents (water reducing rate is not less than 25%, represented by polycarboxylate water reducing agents), and They are divided into early strength type, standard type and retarded type.
- According to the composition of materials.Lignosulfonates, polycyclic aromatic salts, water-soluble resin sulfonates, naphthalene-based superplasticizers, aliphatic superplasticizers, amino superplasticizers, polycarboxylate superplasticizers wait.
- Composition by chemical composition.Lignosulfonate-based superplasticizers, naphthalene-based superplasticizers, melamine-based superplasticizers, sulfamate-based superplasticizers, fatty acid-based superplasticizers, polycarboxylates It is a high-efficiency water reducer.
What are the functions of water reducing agent?
- The amount of cement can be reduced without changing the ratio of various raw materials (removing cement) and concrete strength.
- Without changing the ratio of various raw materials (water removal) and the slump of concrete, reducing the amount of water can greatly improve the strength of concrete.
- Without changing the ratio of various raw materials, the rheology and plasticity of concrete can be greatly improved, so that concrete construction can be carried out by self-flowing, pumping, and vibration-free methods, increasing construction speed and reducing construction energy consumption.
- Adding high-efficiency water reducer to concrete can increase the service life of concrete by more than double, even if the normal service life of buildings is extended by more than double.
- Reduce the shrinkage rate of concrete solidification, prevent cracks in concrete components; improve frost resistance, which is beneficial to winter construction.